Our next Art of Chai workshop is on Feb 11th 2017!
The best cup of chai is one that YOU make, suited perfectly to your taste.
We offer workshops that provide deeper understanding of chai, from the history and cultural roots to the methods of preparation.
They can be conducted at your home, office, or at our space. It’s a fun activity for a wedding, baby/bridal shower
or a team-building event!
Our workshops are fun and interactive and include
a cooking demo and chai tastings.
You leave with a sample of our tea blends to
experiment at home to discover your perfect cup, and a shopping list to recreate the chai experience at home.
Outline of a typical 90-minute workshop:
- History and culture of chai in India
- Introduction to various types of teas and spices
- The different methods of preparation and how it changes flavor profiles (with demo)
- How to choose the main components of chai – tea, milk, and spices
- Therapeutic qualities of tea and spices
- The difference between chai and “chai lattes.
- A demo of traditional method of preparing chai
- Tastings of our signature Masala Chai and Rose Chai.