Our next class is on Oct 13 2013 at Stable Cafe at 1:30pm. Sign up for our newsletter to receive information for upcoming workshops.
The best cup of chai is one that you make – as you will make it exactly the way YOU like it. We offer classes that provide a deeper understanding of chai - its history and cultural roots, methods of preparation, and how to choose its main components: tea, spices, milk.
Here’s what we discuss in the class:
- History and culture of chai in India
- How different methods of preparation change flavor profiles
- How to choose the main components of chai: tea, milk and spices
- Therapeutic qualities of tea and spices
- The difference between chai and “chai latte”
- What constitutes Indian street food (“chaat”)
After the cooking demo we will sit down and enjoy a tasting of my signature Masala Chai and Rose Chai with some “chaat” (optional) to complete the chai time experience.
You will leave with
- A sample of loose tea blend, so you can experiment making chai at home and discover your perfect cup of chai
- A shopping list to recreate the chai time experience at home
Class schedule is updated every quarter.
We also offer private classes at your home/office or at our kitchen. It’s a fun activity for a wedding/baby shower, birthday parties or a team-building event at your office. Want to organize the class just for you and your friends? Email us at email@example.com